Monday, January 08, 2007

old memories

I was watching sci-fi during dinner and I found out they are rerunning the Enterprise series again. 4 episodes today alone. The intro to that was so beautiful and well done. They completely veered away from the symphonic intro with shots of the ship and instead went with an actual song and a history montage. it still gives me a little goosebump when I see it. Too bad the series never lived up to its potential. I remember when it first came out, I was so excited because they had so much history, so much story to tell and it could potentially connect to the rest of the series and make one continuous story arc. I still remember the first time they used a tractor beam on something. It is like the start of that long road that ultimately ended in the Delta Quadrant with Voyager. But the writers were so unimaginative I was soon disappointed. However, the intro still rocked. I especially liked how they incorporated the sail ships, the space shuttle and the launch of the first warp drive (in ST verse). Nicely done!

No comments: